Of course, we all know how important it is for us and more – for environment to take a walk, instead of driving a car, but there are other things you can consider, if you are looking for some fuel saving tips.
- Check tyre pressure often! Lower pressure in your car’s tyres may result in increasing of automobile drag coefficient, which means more fuel spent.
- Don’t use air conditioning (so often)! Turn it on only when it is utterly necessary, because it uses quite large amount of fuel.
- Make your driving more productive! If you have to run many errands every day, try to combine them as much as you can. First of all, you will have less unnecessary trips, and, second of all, if the weather isn’t warm, every time you go home and park your car it will spend more fuel, when you use it again, because if the engine is cold, it spends more fuel in the first kilometers.
- Avoid traffic jams! It isn’t only frustrating, it also is a very inefficient way, how to spend your fuel. Every time you start moving your vehicle, it spends a lot of fuel.
- Spring-clean your car! Every unnecessary item in your, can result in spending more and more fuel every day, because the more weight your car has to carry around, the more fuel will be spent.
- Check, where the prices are lowest! Of course, don’t go driving around pointlessly in your town, seeking for the best price, – that way you will definitely not going to save any fuel, – rather check what you can find online. If you are from UK, check out http://www.petrolprices.com/, maybe there you can find the best deal for you!
- Plan your trips! If you are going to a place, where you never have been before, check out some websites or forums and try to find some things, you should know, before going there. This way you will find out, where the best places to park your car are or which roads you ought to avoid.